A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Monday, June 18, 2012

Who doesn't like a good TED talk?

From inspirational-pictures.com

Have you gotten hooked on TED talks yet?

In case you're just getting into the game, according to their website, "TED is a nonprofit devoted to Ideas Worth Spreading. It started out (in 1984) as a conference bringing together people from three worlds: Technology, Entertainment, Design."

They're brief, they're interesting, and I'll occasionally listen on my computer, no doubt multi-tasking with other things on my list.

I recently enjoyed Matt Cutt's Try something new for 30 days talk and of course it got me thinking.

What could I try for 30 days??  Mediate? (I'm still struggling to make this a daily practice, but getting much better).  Go Vegan? (Nah, too many parties coming up and there's bound to be cheese!).  Avoid reality T.V. ?  (maybe....but then how will I know if Emily finds true love?)

I'm still trying to come up with a sound idea (suggestions welcome). 

I'm always pushing the boundaries (in fact another K&P adventure is in the works for this - a mild one, but still something I've never done), and working on adopting new and positive habits.

But what could I commit to do for 30 days? 

Studies have shown that if we do commit to a new habit for at least 22 days, it will stick.   So of course I want to choose carefully.

What would you be willing to try for 30 days?  Post your idea below and then send an idea my way too!

We can be be in this together..which of course is always more fun!


No comments: