A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Monday, June 25, 2012

My summer wishlist...

Summer Hydrangeas from my garden.


Summer just arrived, but this morning's monsoon and 60 mph winds don't feel too summery today. 

Yesterday we celebrated my nephew Landon's Birthday at a baseball game.  Nothing sames summer like a baseball game and it got me thinking about what I want to do this summer.

Every season brings a fresh start and I love to set intention and hadn't yet taken the time to do that this year.

Years ago I'd always scratch my head and say where did the summer go?   Or spring would emerge and I'd think, why didn't I do any of those snow day projects I'd been thinking about?   You know how it goes.

So here's what I'm planning this summer....
  • Visit the Farmer's Market every week - started this week and came home with an armful of yummy fresh produce and had an awesome dinner last night in the backyard.
  • Go to the Botanical Gardens - have always wanted to go there and plan to take time off on Fridays for some exploring
  • Travel to Africa with the Yale Alumni Service Corp - I know, not your run of the mill item, but looking forward to an awesome and exhilarating adventure with some very cool folks
  • Create more white space in my calendar in August - I tend to cram too much into the week and don't leave openness for spontaneity and possibility
  • Eat lunch outside as often as possible- why not? 
  • Sand and restain bench in living room - this was on the list last summer and I never made it happen, though I did buy the materials to do the job last year (hey it's a start!)
  • Write....craft extra blog posts for later, ponder a submission for an essay contest (not for winning, just for the practice of writing), and who knows what else

What are your intentions for the summer?  

No comments: