skip to main |
skip to sidebar
A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels
This year instead of making a long list of resolutions I won't keep, I created an intention for several different areas:
This idea came from a goal setting teleclass from the wonderful Lorin Beller (hopefuly you'll see Lorin here as a Guest Blogger soon!). Then I had a great half day Mastermind Session with my pals Barbara & Beth where we got out the colored markers and poster board to brainstorm and plan for the year. I thought sharing some of these intentions and the actions I plan to take around them might provide some food for thought. So let's take Family & Friends ('cause that's an easy one!). My intention in this area is Connection . To me that means actively connecting with family and friends, spending quality time together and nurturing the relationships in other ways as well. Seems simple. But do we REALLY take the time to nurture these essential relationships in our lives? Here's how the connections have evolved lately:
- Significant Other
- Family & Friends
- Fun & Recreation
- Personal Growth
Some of these things are simple and require little time & effort. Social Media outlets like Facebook can make keeping up with folks very easy (almost too easy sometimes, right?).
- Meeting my golf buddies Helen & Cathy for a great evening enjoying fondue
- Keeping up with my dear friend Melissa who lives in Raleigh on Facebook everyday
- Having a Sunday family dinner with my hubby's family
- Eating lunch with my mom before going to volunteer at the Soup Kitchen (a monthly ritual)
- Having an email exchange with an out-of-town friend to catch up
- Calling my grandfather to chat on Sunday
- A fantastic evening with my Jazzercise community for our annual Breast Cancer Fundraiser
- Writing a thank you note to a friend (see Pina & connecting at the Fundraiser above)
- Spending time with my family and going with my nephew to see Blues Clues
- TRYING to schedule lunch with another dear friend who I don't see too often (still working on that one!)
What's your intention with the special people in your life? And if you're desiring more connection, how will you connect today?
Photo: A special 2009 MemoryA lot people have been saying good riddance to '09, on to bigger and better things in 2010. It has been a tough time for many, but I began thinking about what some of the highlights of the year were.
In no particular order.......
- Being a part of the team for the Women's 64th Cursillo weekend this spring. Amazing.
- Hosting fave Tim Roberts for two awesome dance classes and getting to know him over lunch. (Stay tuned for a repeat this fall!)
- Meeting weekly with my inspiring Monday night prayer group. Can you believe we've been meeting for 10 yrs!
- Attending my 25th High School reunion and reconnecting with old friends, plus making some new connections too.
- Spending time with my adorable nephew, especially for four days at the beach and two CT sleepovers.
- Meeting some great new friends this year and looking forward to developing those friendship.
- Spending a relaxing week in Aruba and making one of my best drives ever on the 9th hole - over the water!
- Trying new things like boxing and making truffles and designing a website.
- Taking several fun trips to NYC with lots of cool women to see some great Broadway shows and even an adventure to the Martha Stewart show!
Here's to living with BOLD INTENTION in 2010!
- Recognizing that tough times can also bring out the best in people and there's a lot of goodness out there!
Since I am a HUGE list maker and goal setter, I love the promise of a New Year, a fresh start, and blank planner pages. Yes, I know this is the age of technology. I have an iPhone, I blog and regularly update my Facebook and Twitter accounts, but I NEED the blank pages too!Anyway, this year, before I pencil anything into the crisp, blank pages of my new Franklin Planner pages, I want to make sure I schedule my time properly. I know that my happiness and health depend on keeping my priorities in order. God, my family (which extends to many special friendships), and time to care for myself all must have top billing in my calendar.
Today I'll kick off the New Year with family & friends filling our house to share a Mexican feast. My intention today - to enjoy family & friends.
After all, when you start with your priorities in order, anything can happen. I have a feeling it's going to be a VERY good year.
All the best in 2010!