A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Monday, June 04, 2012

What would happen if you asked this question instead....

I have been in a delegating mood lately. Or more accurately I have two new great interns, Lauren & Ashley, who are assisting with lots of projects.  It's a whole new world to be able to concentrate on some key projects as they help me free up some of my time.


Guest blogger, Tina Forsyth poses a good question to help us to carve out time for what matters most.   See if Tina's thoughts strike a chord with you....




What would happen if you asked this question instead....


Something new pops up for you - be it a new client, a new idea or project - and what is the first thing you usually ask yourself?

If you are anything like me it is probably something like:

How will I find the time to do this?

And then for many of you the answer becomes "I can't find the time, I'm already too busy..." and so you feel like you can't move forward, you are stuck and probably frustrated.

Next time something new comes up, ask yourself this question instead:

Who can I get to do this for me?

(pause....)

Now I'm not going to take credit for this, as I heard someone speak about this at the GKIC Women's Conference I spoke at in February. (But for the life of me I can't remember who said it! It just really stuck with me...)

But I'm curious what comes up for you - how does this shift or change an opportunity in this business when you ask this question vs. the one above?
  • What does it mean you can do more of?
  • What can you do less of?
  • What doors does it open for you?
  • What projects that have been on your to-do list can now come off your plate and get moving? 


 Tina Forsyth, author of The Leaky Bucket Manifesto and founder of the Online Business Manager Movement  Contact her at tina@onlinebusinessmanager.com or  1 (877) 576-2229
Visit www.TinaForsyth.com for various goodies to setup your business to run without you.

1 comment:

mshaheen said...

Are you SURE i can't do everything Kristen? That sort of messes me up....Love, me