A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Monday, April 18, 2011

She Did What She Could


A few weeks ago I attended a wonderful event in support of the Bridgeport Rescue Mission. I invited twenty women with generous hearts and we enjoyed a beautiful inspiring evening along with 650 other women to raise over $185,000 for this important organization.

The keynote speaker was Elisa Morgan, and for weeks her message has been in my mind.  Hers is a powerful message and  her words have stayed with me, especially since it is the season of Lent.

She Did What She Could

Prior to hearing Ms. Morgan speak, I read  her book (pictured above) and I encourage you to read it as well.  It's a very quick, simple, but thought provoking read. It is a meditation on an event in Jesus' life and a call to action.   It is a reminder of the all the things I could be doing to make a difference.  One of the things the author emphasizes in this story Jesus did not say she did ALL she could and I really appreciate that.  So often we feel we need to be doing more than we are.    Ms. Morgan does a great job of eliminating the all or nothing mentality and challenges us to do OUR best.   


It was fitting as the theme of the event was Women Who Can for Women Who Can't.   I am blessed to have spent an evening among such fabulous women who CAN, and I hope to take Ms. Morgan's words, as well as those of all the women who shared that evening and do WHAT I can. 





Pina & Leslie:  Women who CAN


 



Learn more here

No comments: