A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Thursday, September 15, 2011

What happened to the question about world peace?


This morning I was sipping my coffee, thumbing through news articles from the last week of Financial Times and perusing my news feeds on my iPad.  

I almost stood up and applauded when I read this article on CNN about what transpired at the Miss Universe pageant earlier this week.

Here's an excerpt.
This question was posed to Leila Lopes of Angola, now our universe's newly crowned Miss Universe. 

"If you could change one of your physical characteristics," the designated judge asked her, "which one would it be and why?"

Are you (insert profanity) kidding me?

After standing under the magnifying glass of millions, this 25-year-old, 5-foot-10 ½-inch knockout had to publicly contemplate if she was physically good enough.

Her response was quick: "Thank God I am very-well satisfied with the way God created me, and I wouldn't change a thing. I consider myself a woman endowed with inner beauty. ... I have acquired many wonderful principles from my family, and I plan to follow these through the rest of my life. And now I would like to give all of you a piece of advice: Respect one another."

Now that's TRUE BEAUTY!    Leila, you definitely deserve a tiara for that answer!

Read the full story here.



No comments: