A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Tuesday, December 07, 2010

It only takes a few minutes to unplug



I'm working on getting better at finding a few minutes to unplug every day.  I typically work 10-12 hours per day and find it hard to unplug - especially thanks to Steve Jobs and the iPhone.  I can have instant communication at my fingertips 24/7.

I am finding that keeping it simple is my best bet.

Recently in the midst of a busy  which included driving from Norwalk to Stamford to Bridgeport to Stamford back to Norwalk (not unusual in a typical day), I stopped at the new Whole Foods in Darien.  

I got a mini chipwich (isn't it cute?) and my first green tea latte.  I opened my book (I always have a book in my bag) and took a 20 minute snack break to read.  Just like the good ol' kindergarten days.  It was a little slice of heaven.  Although I confess next time I'm opting for regular green tea, which I love, 'cause the latte tasted and smelled like grass.  

But nevertheless to be "unplugged" is priceless!

1 comment:

Starla J. King said...

Kristen, I read this post early this morning, and thought about it again this afternoon. And now again.

Thank you for the visual and the words that keep whispering to me to unplug, savor the quiet.