A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Friday, December 31, 2010

In 2010 I....



I'm waiting for my husband to get back from his walk and then we'll launch into our (now annual) New Year's Eve tradition - a movie marathon with Thai take out and of course champagne.
While I wait I am reflecting on the year.  I've been thinking about all I've experienced in 2010 and the lessons and memories which have made their mark.  

In no particular order...
 
In 2010  I.....

  • Tasted my first beignet in New Orleans 
  • Enjoyed several wonderful Broadyway shows in NYC
  • Sang a Lady Gaga song at Karoke
  • Heard Judi Shepard Missett give an incredibly nspirational speech
  • Rode in the car with my step daughter driving for the first time
  • Developed several new friendships with very special people
  • Volunteered regularly at the Soup Kitchen
  • Shared a 'low country boil' with my family while visiting them in Virginia
  • Said good bye to some fantastic instructors who moved away and mentored a new one
  • Played an awesome round of golf in Aruba
  • Began giving regular Reiki sessions each month and broadening my reiki practice
  • Made ravioli from scratch
  • Attended a wonderfully moving fundraiser for the Bridgeport Rescue Mission
  • Suffered a painful and challenging injury that kept me out of work for several weeks
  • Traveled to San Diego and met my oldest friend for a margarita(oh and went to the zoo)
  • Hosted the Sixth Annual Girl's Night In and ended up with some cool accessories
  • Biked 42 miles in the Five Boro Bike Tour
  • Created a vision board
  • Tried a lot of new wines
  • Celebrated 20 year of teaching Jazzercise and danced with Tim Roberts
  • Got a henna tattoo
  • Received successful  results after 3 stressful weeks of a possible bone cancer diagnosis
  • Retreated to Kirpalu for some bliss
  • Treated my staff to a evening at a spa
  • Helped a friend going through a tragic & heartbreaking experience which tested my faith.
  • Read 50 books
  • Went zip lining and tree climbing
  • FlambĂ©ed a dish for the first time
  • Cultivated a more regular yoga practice and added yoga to our studio schedule
  • Created a logo for my new business
  • Hosted a summer cookout for my long time friends

It was a year of milestones, challenges, celebrations and pure gratitude.

Looking forward to the wild abundance of 2011. 
Happy New Year.

No comments: