A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Secrets before sunrise


Compliments of Pinterest, my latest obsession



"The morning breeze has secrets to tell you. Do not go back to sleep."


I first heard this line from Dr. Wayne Dyer, though apparently Dr. Dyer actually borrowed the quote from Rouemy, the Persian poet. These great thinkers believe we are closest to God between 3-4 am and that it's the time that we get the greatest inspiration.

Had it been a woman who had come up with the thought, she would have incorporated something about peri menopause in there. Not as new agey perhaps, but possibly more accurate.

Dyer describes inspiration as the time when an idea takes hold of you and brings you to a place you were always intended to go, as opposed to motivation, when you get hold of an idea and bring it to it's conclusion.

The sentiment often rolls around my head on those early morns that find me tossing in my bed.

Rather than fight it, I often heed their advice, drag my butt to my comfy overstuffed chair and start writing. Most of my blog posts are crafted before 6 am. It is when inspiration, or maybe it's more like pseudo coherent ramblings, strike me.

And it turns out I really like writing. This shouldn't come as a big surprise to me, I always loved English class, but have viewed writing as something to be done for work or school, not for enjoyment. I can also wield a mean red pen when editing others' work, a skill I inherited from my father.

Even when I began blogging, it was more a social media necessity, something a business owner has to do to to develop an online presence to stay in the game.

Do I dare say, it's almost a hobby? Possibly, but as Dyer and Rouemy suggest it's when my inspiration is running the highest, and through writing I almost always learn something about myself.

Maybe a hobby with less sleep deprivation would be preferable, but why mess with a good thing and risk missing future secrets from the morning breeze.

Well the sun will be rising shortly so it's time to hit the save button. Who knows when I'll post these musings, but that's part of the beauty of inspiration. Capture it and it will be there when you need it.

No comments: