A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Going for it!






(A few thoughts from my email newsletter today)

I'm in week two of my new radio show, A Matter of Balance:  A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels on World's 1st Fitness Radio, FTNS.  And I'm having a blast.

It's so much fun to chat with inspiring and interesting women about health and fitness and how they are able to balance it all.

What I really appreciate about the experience, is that I decided to just GO FOR IT.  I don't have any radio experience, other than being a guest a few times, and it's a whole new world to explore and learn.

It's so easy to let fear hold us back, and believe me, I have all sorts of fear when that little red light in the studio goes on.  

But I'm still going for it.

I think I get that a little bit from my dad.  When I was considering whether or not to accept the radio opportunity, my mom said, "your dad would definitely have said to go for it."  

This week marks nineteen years since losing my dad, but the lessons live on.  His death has helped to shape my philosophy of living without regret.

This spring presents us with a whole new season to seize the day, I know I for one, will continue to GO FOR IT!

No comments: