A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Friday, September 28, 2012

Make time for the people you love






It's been almost a week since my last blog and I just haven't had much time or a clear idea of what to write. Then a college friend of mine posted this on Facebook (thanks Frank) and bingo, that says it all.

It's a continuous journey to create balance in our lives and keep our eye on what really matters.

Sometimes I get buried by the mundane, the administrative, and the domestic. I forgo what matters with what I think I "should" be doing and what "needs" to be done, but is that where my priorities really lie?

It's been a jam packed week, and since my work day is generally about eleven hours, there's nothing I look forward to more than snuggling up in my sweats on the couch, maybe with a glass of wine and a good book or something from the DVR Que.

There were several opportunities that arose which would tempt me away from my comfy couch:    Meeting Tracy's baby girl Eliza, surprising Peg for her 50th Birthday with a backyard flash mob, dancing with Pina to celebrate her 10 year Jazzer-anniversary, and enjoying delicious Indian food, wine and three hours of soul sister conversation with Sandra. 

THESE were the things that really mattered this week.  Teaching classes, prepping for radio shows, tackling the laundry....it all needs to get done.  But NOT at the expense of making the people that matter a priority.

The couch will still be there.  And so will the laundry.




No comments: