We headed to Empower Leadership Sports & Adventure Center http://leadershipsports.com
Here we spent the afternoon traversing suspension bridges 40 feet in the air, climbing cargo nets up into the tree tops and zipping from tree to tree.
As the name suggests, it was truly an empowering experience..
I definitely learned a few things whilst up in the trees during my zip lining adventure:
1) It's good to be spontaneous. Pina & I did this on somewhat of a whim. There wasn't too much advance planning, we saw the ad, acted and went. Glad I didn't have too much time to think about it!
2) It's healthy to take positive risks. All too often we get stuck in our comfort zone and it's important to take that leap (in this case literally) to get out of that trap.
3) It's important to challenge yourself physically. I learned that even despite my injuries and health issues over the past year, I am probably in better shape at age 44 than ever.
4) As the folks at Nike say....Just Do It. If I thought too much (or looked down too often), I wouldn't have gotten very far.
|Can you find me in the trees?|
5) Sometimes fears is more about what's in your head. If you had asked me beforehand, I probably would have said I'm afraid of heights. But to be honest, I don't even really know if that's true. It's just what's in my head. We've all heard it before - fear is False Evidence Appearing Real. Face your fear and you may find it's easier than you thought.
6) I have more strength and confidence than I think. There are plenty of days when I doubt it, but our adventure showed me I am capable of even more than I thought.
|We did it!|