A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Monday, September 17, 2012

Where the magic happens







I believe it was Eleanor Roosevelt who said, "Do something that scares you everyday." Or maybe I just saw it on a LuLu Lemon shopping bag.

As this photo above suggests, that's where the magic happens.

I'm all for adventure (perhaps you've read the K and P adventure blog posts), and I love exploring new things, relishing unfamiliar experiences.

But do I truly do things that scare me? Not so much.

This summer I tackled the canopy walk in a rainforest in Africa. I loved it, but to be honest, even though I'm not totally thrilled with heights, I can't say it scared me.



Rainforest in Ghana


Over the past week I decided to take some steps outside of my comfort zone. Admittedly they are only baby steps right now, and I'll save the details until I see where it begins to take me. Perhaps these actions will conjure up some magic dust for my future, and even if it doesn't, Mrs. Roosevelt would be proud.



No comments: