A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Monday, April 30, 2012

Doing the one thing I'd been avoiding






Tomorrow marks three months since I had some major surgery.

They say once you hit three months you should finally be getting back to "normal." Whatever that means. Actually I've been back to "normal" for quite awhile and the hospital stay is a distant memory. Other than seeing the scars each day, I've all but forgotten it. It's all good.

I put off the decision to have the surgery for years. Several in fact. Why? There were many reasons. Because it wasn't 'life and death', I didn't want to take the time, I was afraid, the timing wasn't right.

But as I expected, it was life changing in many ways, and I've tried to avoid the 'why didn't I do this sooner' regret. Many people assured me I'd be saying that. Would hate to prove them all right!

What is the one thing you've been avoiding?

Maybe it's changing a bad habit, eliminating a toxic person from your life, or moving out of a dead end job.

Take a deep breath and do it.

There may be a few lingering scars, but in the end it will be worth it.






No comments: