A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Thursday, May 03, 2012

My new gig and falling down the rabbit hole




Last week I had a bit of a spiral into self-doubt.  Have you ever been there?


Tomorrow I start my new gig as a fitness expert with www.ehow.com (because as my husband says, I can never have enough jobs!).  Once a again I'm stepping out of my comfort zone, which can always lead to those 3 am wake ups.  Although this week it's been the 4:38 am wake ups.  

As a fitness expert for ehow one of my tasks will be filming video clips to answer the myriad of fitness inquires frequently googled by curious minds.  Albeit, some of them are a tad random and some may even be a little bit out of my wheelhouse.

Also filming video (well, I'm not the one actually holding the camera) is not something I have experience in, unless you count the 35 mm films capturing birthdays, Christmases and my first swim at the YMCA.  I'm not sure I can include those in my repertoire.  

In one of the first conversations with the producer assigned to me,  he mentioned that ehow receives 5.8 million visitors each month.

Naturally my first thought was whether or not my roots needed a touch up.  Then the fall down the rabbit began. My mind raced to speculations on whether it's too late for some 
botox...how about liposuction?  And I kept falling....do I even KNOW anything about fitness?

STOP!

STOP the insanity.

Isn't it such an easy hole to fall down?  Ever have a similar free fall? 
YES! I know PLENTY about fitness.  I have been in the business for twenty-two years and strive to acquire new skills and stay up to date on the latest information. Of course I can answer these questions.

YES! I can be in a video.  I get on stage in front of a room of people often twice a day!  For goodness sakes I was on the cover of a magazine a few months ago (besides there's really no time for lipo, is there?).  

The first step is to take a deep breath and re-frame. 

I'm climbing out of the rabbit hole.  I CAN do this and these are going be some damn great videos.  I'm ready! 


After a quick root touch up, that is.

1 comment:

mshaheen said...

I have known you for most of my life - and I am so proud that you are using your many gifts and talents to enrich the world! EHOW - LOOK OUT!