A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Monday, July 09, 2012

Packing a punch in the morning



Sometimes it's hard to get back into the routine after a holiday weekend, or was it a holiday week?  So it's important to kick off the week right.  I love experimenting with smoothies and it is the best way for me to get my protein for breakfast.  Eggs are great, but I don't always have the time or inclination to whip up an ommlette.

Of course I have my favorite for shakes  which come in chocolate and vanilla and are great on their own. (Let me know if you want to order one and I'll spring for the shipping!)

Often, I like to create my own.  Sometimes they come out great, and other times, not so much.   Never did embrace that smoothie I made with the pumpkin puree.

This morning I used:

Coffee - I used about a half a cup
Frozen Banana - I finally learned it's best to take the peel off and slice it up to freeze.  I did that last night so it was ready for this morning
Almond Milk 
Almond Butter - a spoonful
Some crushed ice

Hit it with the immersion blender for thirty seconds and YUM! 

It was really delicious and has kept me satisfied all morning (including through my workout).

I love getting inspired in the kitchen so if you have any smoothie suggestions, please pass them along!


 

No comments: