A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Monday, July 16, 2012

Creating a new habit



This weekend I took a Restorative Yoga Workshop.  I love restorative yoga.  It's like nap yoga with lots of toys.  I always feel, well, restored, afterwards.

I was on the fence about going and made a last minute decision, which resulted in a mad dash across town and a frantic search for a parking place.  Not exactly the yogic mindset I wanted to go in with.

As always, Kathy ended the class with the Legs Up the Wall pose.  She swears that this is THE pose to do daily and that the benefits of this pose go on for pages versus the usual paragraph or two on most poses.

She recommends five minutes every night.  Life changing, she says.

Ok, so I'm going to give it a try.  If I can't spare five minutes to change my life, well then I'm watching too much Bachelorette. 

Of course I think that every time I leave Kathy's workshop.  And nothing much happens because I have forgotten by the next day.  

I started by putting a post it on my bathroom mirror.  Then I programmed it into my phone daily with a reminder to pop up. Ain't technology grand?

Last night I did it, and consequently slept well.  Let's see if I can go two for two!







No comments: