A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Saturday, July 28, 2012

Open your mind and go with the flow




My home away from home


One of the important things about traveling is being able to change up your routine. Travel always requires flexibility. It's what makes it a less stressful and more enjoyable experience.

Sampling the local cuisine, for example, is essential to the travel experience. Although I hear 'possum on a stick' and other road kill may be on the menu at some point so I reserve the right to change my mind on that. I've also been warned about the 'grass cutters' which sound an awful lot like large rodents and I'm just hoping that's not on the breakfast menu tomorrow. Those who know me well will chuckle to learn that hot dogs were one of the items on this morning's menu (nope, couldn't do it).

A finicky eater as a child, I now practice the 'when in Rome' approach, or should I say 'when in Ghana' 'mostly thanks to my travels with dad and his encouragement. I distinctly remember an evening on the Champs élysées when I insisted on going to Burger King (I know surprising, but I was in High School at the time).

There have already been quite a few twists and turns on this journey and it's just begun. And to be honest, I'm not sure I was prepared for some of what I've seen so far, but more on that another time.

In terms of going with the flow, it would be easy to get frustrated because things are always changing, or because something doesn't work like it does at home. Open your mind and adapt a flexible perspective and you will soak in the sights of a lifetime.....

Here are a few from today.














- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Cant wait to hear all about this. Sounds like quote an adventure. Kudos to you! India next? We must stay in hotels..
I am getting older! Just got back from a week on the boat with the grandkids. Now that was an adventure...I am pooped!
Keep safe Kristen! You are remarkable!
Sandra