A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Monday, May 07, 2012

The only thing I can think of to say...






The last week was exhausting and exhilarating.

Our lives can easily become jam packed and we move through on automatic pilot, going straight to the next event leaving only a pile of dirty laundry in our wake.

While trying to mediate this morning, my mind wandered to recap the week and let experiences sink in. I did not want to zoom ahead this week without a chance to reflect and appreciate.

So I thought I'd share some of the highlights from last week:

  • The enthusiasm and excitement as the Yale Ghana group assembled for the first time for a day of planning. Can't wait to let this adventure unfold.
  • A text from Annie K. that was JUST what I needed to hear (and read over & over!)
  • A very special conversation with an associate that made my whole week. :)
  • Three great radio show guests, especially the privilege of interviewing Jazzercise founder Judi Sheppard Missett, a visionary with passion.
  • The listeners at FTNS who brought the win to A Matter of Balance after only seven weeks on air. I'm unbelievably humbled at the results.
  • My customers, especially those at the five Jazzercise classes and one yoga class I taught this week, they energize me on even the toughest days.
  • The generous invitation from Beth McCarthy to attend the DVCC luncheon and hear Meredith Baxter speak about courage and hope. I am inspired.
  • The daily emails from Liz & Melissa who are an immovable, indescribable support system.
  • The phone call and encouragement from Judi (not the Jazzer Judi) to keep me on track.
  • My videographer Alan Mack, his sidekick Kobi, who made my first day of filming for eHow fun and easy (well except for the zillion push ups). I can definitely say I've made a new friend.
  • The sweet Kimberly Colletto and folks at BreakThru Fitness who generously lent their space for filming. Kim and her clients touched me with their kind words and made me feel like I actually knew what I was doing.
  • The sassy ladies who came to Latin Night not just to shimmy, but to shine, and associate Terri Vanech who captured it as beautifully as only she can in her prolific blog post.
  • The Checkered Flag team who welcomed five new members and took on the 42 miles of the NYC Five Boro Bike Tour with as much laughter as determination.

When you take time to reflect, no matter what transpired over the week, there is always some goodness to be found.

The only thing I can think of to say is thank you.





No comments: