A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Thursday, November 01, 2012

"Restoration WILL take time"

Taken from the window pre-Sandy as we began to batten down the hatches

These were the words said by our Mayor on one of the many voice mails left to keep us informed of the happenings of our City as Sandy left her mark. 


How true.  The devastation is unimaginable.  My heart and prayers go out to those who have lost and those who are still dealing with the many challenges brought by Sandy's aftermath. 

Amazing how it gives you some perspective.  No internet, or a few days of playing "Little House on the Prairie" are mere inconveniences compared to what many are facing. 

When I played the Mayor's message update for my husband, I said to him, I think he might be talking to me.

Restoration WILL take time. 

Today is a month since I've begun recovering from surgery and there's still a long way to go.  My doctor says it will be another two months until I can expect to get 'back to normal' whatever that is.   I had begun to get a bit discouraged with this lengthy healing process, but then I remember, it's all a mere inconvenience....restoration WILL take time.


Blessings to all those who are beginning the recovery and restoration process!


No comments: