A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Tuesday, November 20, 2012

What are you waiting for?




Last night I caught a glimpse of my husband putting a bottle of wine in the frig. Not an unusual sight. He does his best to ensure there's always a chilled bottle on hand.

We generally stick with low budget vintages, but this one was a bit pricier, purchased for a special event dinner a year ago, then set aside when guests brought bottles we chose to open instead. So I placed it back in the rack for the next special occasion.

It's kind of like the bottle of scented lotion I received as a gift from my dad on what turned out to be his last Christmas. I was saving it for a special occasion. Not that I can really think of a special occasion for moisturizing. I recently tossed it after nineteen years. The bottle was pretty darn dusty and the lotion....well not so good. 
 
Have you worn your nice lace undies lately? Served dinner on the 'good china' ? Dabbed on your luxurious perfume?

Are you waiting to start living?

As hubby nestled the wine bottle into the door of the frig,  I said " hey isn't that the special wine?" 

"Yes," he answered, "don't you deserve special?" 

I paused considering what a particularly rough day it had been.  Hell yeah, I thought!

"I guess so," I answered.
 
"Then what are you waiting for?" he asked.

Good question.

In fact, a random Tuesday night just might BE the special occasion!

No comments: