A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Thursday, October 25, 2012

The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention




Breakfast time!
 
The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention

- Oscar Wilde 


This quote landed in my inbox this morning.  While recouping from surgery I tend to peruse emails and news feeds in bed while I'm having breakfast.   I know, breakfast in bed sounds like such a luxury, and it most definitely IS.  However some of the cache of this treat is diminished when it's pain that's keeping you in bed             
                 
The past three weeks I've been the recipient of endless acts of kindess big and small.  Thanks to my mother, my house has never been cleaner and laundry more neatly folded.

My hubby has assumed so many of the other tasks and has done so in his calm and patient fashion.  This has included bringing my breakfast (along with the daily meds) every morning. 

A small act of kindness...perhaps....but it seems pretty grand to me!
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

No comments: