A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Thursday, December 15, 2011

My Big Bang Theory







I've always said that if you don't slow down and take care, the universe will put something in your path to force you to.  Guess that's what the woman in the Toyota Camry who rear ended me yesterday was up to.


To be honest, I think I've been handling this Christmas season with fairly little stress and had been having a very productive, albeit, busy week.   Until the Camry.

 I could be frustrated that I have to stay home from work,  have a back and neck that is super sore  (not ideal when you have a physical job),  a muffler dragging along the pavement, insurance paperwork, claims adjusters, rental cars and the like to deal with today.

Could be much worse. So I actually find myself in a place of gratitude. If it's all in how you frame it (as I always say), then it's a happy accident.

I got to lie on the couch last night with no agenda.  Plus my hubby brought home some chocolate and pretzel crisps, two essential elements when confined to the couch.

I get to sit in my home office and sort through my inbox this morning (a task that's been nagging me for awhile).

I'm going to see the fab Beth Leas at the TLC Center for some healing Reiki ater.

I am surrounded by amazing  family, friends, staff and customers who have been sending me lots of love today.

All in all, it's a pretty good day. 

No comments: