A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Sunday, December 11, 2011

"It's not so much how busy you are...

      Love this quilt given to us by a friend


"It's not so much how busy you aret why you are busy.  The bee is praised'; the mosquito is swatted."
   
(quote by Marie O'Conner)

Ah, so true.

With the countdown to Christmas on, things seemed to be moving at a more rapid pace. As I sit here planning the week ahead and deciding how to spend what's left of the weekend I'm going to reflect on this quote and focus on the  WHY in my time.

Yesterday was filled with work (which for me fortunately includes working out), volunteering, and then curling up with the family to enjoy a Christmas favorite, Elf. Other than watching my hubby put the lights on the tree (Meg and I were a rapt audience, but lent little assistance other than supervisory direction), not a lot of tasks were accomplished.  

Rather than volunteering yesterday I could have tackled gift wrapping and there's a bit more shopping that could be done. Instead of watching a movie, I could have faced the laundry  which is piling up. But I decided that until I am seeing eye to eye with it, I'm not going to stress too much.  

But going back to the why, I'd like to think that the time was spent wisely.

Take a look at how you're spending your time this season and ask yourself just exactly what you're busy with.....better to be the bee!




No comments: