A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Wednesday, September 01, 2010

Get Entrepreneurial with your Life!



As an entrepreneur, I spend a lot of time on business planning. It's essential to be focused and organized when running your own business.  This way things don't fall through the cracks and I don't get to the end of the quarter wondering where the time went or what happened to the bottom line.  

I also make sure I spend time on the various aspects of business like marketing, PR, staff development, customer relations, promotions, and much more.   If I only concentrated on one area, it wouldn't be a very healthy business. 

I use the same approach with my personal life.  It helps me stay balanced and give energy to what's important in my life.

I decided to to share an example, so here's what's on tap for September....

  • Solve the water issue in the basement (the joys of home ownership!)
  • Do a detox (this is so important for your health plus a great idea to do seasonally. I'm kicking it up a notch this time)
  • Plan a Chick Flick Night with my girl friends to see "Eat Pray Love"  (girlfriend time is key)
  • Find & register for a class to take this fall - so far I have my eye on Italian Cooking or Wine & Cheese Pairings  (I'm always up for learning new stuff)
  • Volunteer at the Soup Kitchen  (giving back is important to me, so I always make time for it)
  • Visit my nephew in NJ (oh, and my brother & sister-in-law too)
  • Play golf with my hubby (gotta have those dates!) 
  • Entertain (this is something I love to do and a great way to stay connected; last month it was a big bash, this month a small family get together)
  • Get a massage  (I used to think this was a luxury, but there are many affordable options - look for deals on Local Ginger, Living Social and Spa Finder Deal Days, plus the CT School of Massage offers a very low priced massage to give students practice time - but trust me you'll still reap the benefits)
  • Clean out my dresser & chest of drawers  (I'm on a kick to purge and clean out)
  • Participate in a Reiki Share (I love giving, &a getting, a session every month; energy is powerful)
  • Plan something nice for my mom's birthday (ssshh)  (need I elaborate on this one?)
Of course, just like entrepreneurial life, it's important to make a plan and be flexible enough to change the plan when necessary. 

Finally, create a way to be accountable.  I have Mastermind partners that keep me accountable in my business.  For my personal goals, well, I've just posted them here, I'd say that's definitely putting it out there! I'll be sure to let you know how I do.



So, to recap here's how to get 'entrepreneurial' with your life:

  • Plan
  • Keep the plan balanced and varied
  • Be flexible enough to change it if necessary
  • Find a way to be held accountable

Now it's your turn. Create accountability by sending me your ideas for the coming month!

Now it's off to meet with the Roto Rooter man to work on item #1.

No comments: