A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Kristen vs Garage Door





Yep.  I wasn't looking, I wasn't being mindful, I was probably rushing.  Plus at 5'1" (I like to round up), I rarely have to duck under anything.  But last week rather than take those few moments to let the garage door open all the way, I forged ahead, thought I had sufficiently ducked, and WHAM!

Whiplash and a mild concussion did NOT fit into my schedule at all. 

Since I'm still on the mend from some major surgery, I'm supposed to be easing in, talking it slow.  Of course once I was feeling better, I probably  started going full speed too soon. I felt guilty making time for rest. But as I know all too well, when I'm having a hard time learning a lesson something will be put in my path to remind me (literally in this case.).

Rest is not a luxury, it is a necessity. 

I'm learning my lesson on this.  In fact this latest stunt helped to drive home the message, so in Kristen vs the garage door, despite the bump on my head, I may have actually won. 

2 comments:

Garage Doors said...

I really like you Kristen vs Garage door.Kristen vs the garage door is looking very beautiful.I have read many idea but this idea is very different. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

It's a lesson to be learned that we should always be aware that garage door can harm us so we must always be careful.


garage door repair Silver spring