A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Wednesday, October 05, 2011

Look for the LOVE

Rainbow last Thurs night - the most spectacular I've ever seen


We all have those days (ok, lately it seems like it's been weeks) where there is more bad, sad and frustrating news then we feel we can handle. Both in the news and in our own backyards.

It's especially hard when difficult things happen to people we care about, and even worse when it feels like there's not a thing we can do about it.

I've heard more than a few earfuls of tough stuff going on lately.  At some point I figured enough was enough, I mean how much more can there be?  Then I arrived home Sunday night after a very long day to some very upsetting family news.  That was about the last straw.  It would have  been easy to go down the rabbit hole into despair and negativity.  I'm not saying I didn't shed some tears, because I'll be honest, I did.

But then I got to thinking.  I can dwell on this or I can LOOK FOR THE LOVE.  Even when things are dark, there's some love, somewhere.

Here's where I've found love floating around lately.....
  • A daily continuous stream of instant messaging among my two BFF's - these women are my rocks!
  • A cool surprise from my hubby last week
  • Wonderful emails from two of my China kids in my inbox Monday morning
  • A bunch of beautiful inspiring women whom I get to work out with every day
  • A much needed Mastermind meeting on Friday with my support team - PLUS it was at the beach (and followed by a glass of wine and a friend always ready to lend an ear)
  • Fun unexpected treats from my Reiki partner
  • My mom -  'nuff said. 
  • A spontaneous, and very special, family dinner 
  • A sweet note from a long time colleague
  • Glorious weather today and the chance to eat lunch and do some work outside (love the virtual office)
  • A spectacular rainbow spotted in Milford during an impromptu outing to spend time with my stepdaughter (photo above - which does not do it justice!)
I'm not saying that this love takes my mind off the tragedies people I love are enduring and the courageous battles being fought.  I just know that amidst it all I need to keep an eye out for the love.

 Where do you see the LOVE this week? 


Trust me it's there (oddly I now feel like breaking out into the Mary Tyler Moore theme song...."Love is all around...")

No comments: