A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"Associate with people who are likely to improve you." — Seneca


 

It's interesting that I came across this quote this afternoon when returning to my office. Earlier today I had the opportunity to participate in a panel discussion hosted by the Entrepreneurial Woman's Network .
  
I have been involved with this organization for about ten years now and  I value the chance to connect with other successful business women.  I undoubtedly learn something each time I attend one of the events. I walk away thinking, "I'm going to try that" or "I've never thought of it that way."

And for a seemingly random segue, last night (I hate to admit ) I watched the finale of The Bachelor.  This is as sappy and ridiculous as it gets for reality t.v.   The Bachelor upon making his final choice said that Emily  "made him want to be a better man."  Gee, if I had a dime for every time I heard that one!

BUT,  isn't that that really helps us to grow?  

As Seneca so succinctly stated  "Associate with people who are likely to improve you."

Isn't it always helpful to golf or play tennis with a stronger player? Don't you tend to raise your game?  I love taking Jazzercise from the best instructors around.  I know that the next class i teach is bound to be excellent.

Whether it's in your personal life or in your career,  seeking out organizations EWN that can always teach you something and cultivating relationships with people who help you to be your best can make our lives and our experiences so much richer.


No comments: