A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Tuesday, January 17, 2012

It's beginning to look a lot like winter

Courtesy of Pinterest


The dusting of snow his morning has reminded me that it is actually winter, despite the teaser days of 40 plus degree weather of late. For me winter brings images of cozy flannel pj's, a cup of tea and an engaging book.

Each season I make a wish list of experiences to relish and enjoy. I find it helps me to fully embrace the season and hopefully take me away from my business goal list and household projects.

Looking back at my fall wish list, I see that sanding and staining the wooden bench still lingers untouched, but perhaps another time.

It'd be much easier to wish it away (I much prefer warmer temps) but then, I've come to realize that wishing time away doesn't make for a very rich life.

My winter wish list...
  • Have a pj day - looking for one good snowstorm and an excuse to stay in pjs all day
  • Enjoy my new soup cookbook by experimenting with as many different soups as possible
  • Bring more creativity into my life (something I've been reflecting on for awhile and worthy of its' own blog post so more on that later)
  • Teach yoga once a week - even though this is actually work related, this has been a personal desire as well
  • Plan a special birthday celebration for my hubby (who's hitting the big 5-0).
  • Cook an Indian feast with my friend Sandra (we've been threatening to get together to cook Indian food and drink wine for ages, it's time to make it happen)
  • Try something completely out of my comfort zone
  • Be gentle on myself and let some things simply run their course

What's on your winter wish list? 

I invite you to post below as you may just inspire someone to do or try something to make their winter a bit more beautiful.


No comments: