A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Monday, January 03, 2011

The Happiness Project

"One is happy as a result of one's own efforts, once one knows of the necessary ingredients of happiness   simple tastes, a certain degree of courage, self-denial to a point, love of work, and, above all, a clear conscience. Happiness is no vague dream, of that I now feel certain."
 George Sand


I do truly believe that happiness is a choice. And there are certainly some days where I just simply don't feel like making that choice. Anybody with me on that one?   

In my continuous effort to make that conscious choice, I'm teaming up with my associate Beth to facilitate a book club gathering based around The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin.

I'm calling it the underachiever's book club, because we're only reading one book - at chapter a month.  Then we'll get together on the last Tuesday of each month at 10:30 am and discuss.  All are welcome.   Hope you'll consider joining us (even if you haven't read the chapter yet). And as the song goes....don't worry, be happy.




No comments: