A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Monday, January 24, 2011

Can't change the weather, can choose how we react.





 Pina and I decided to get on track with our adventures month, but lo and behold, wouldn't you know the weather had other plans for us.  Seems like that's the tune everyone's singing these days.  Well we decided not to let the weather get us down.  And although disappointed our original plans had to be put aside, while we can't change the weather we can change our response to it.


The night before I had passed what looked like a very cool cafe while in Fairfield.  I thought it might be a place I'd like to check out.  No time like the present.

So we decided to venture to Las Vetas Lounge for lunch and tea (and a yummy chocolate cookie for me!).  We had a lot of catching up to do and while it wasn't crazy it was an awesome afternoon with lots of girlfriend chat, a delicious grilled cheese sandwich (can't remember when I last had grilled cheese!), and steamy tea.  

Sometimes it's the little things.....and while we couldn't change the weather, we choose to make to a beautiful day.






No comments: