A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Tuesday, November 09, 2010

“Choose your attitude and your actions and boldy act!”



What keeps you from getting stuck in the mud?  Our Big Fish community is blogging about this topic this week. 

I love Lorin Beller's perspective - "The most frustrated people I know are not in action.  When we get stuck, we often try to think our way into action, but that just gets us even more stuck."  Yep, we've all been there!

Yesterday I spoke to the students at the Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy about what it's like to own a business.  At the end one of the students posed this question: " If you had everything  you ever knew about business erased from my mind and could only keep one thought, what would it be?"

Tough one!  

My answer was that you need to have passion to be an entrepreneur but you also must plan, plan, plan and be flexible enough to change the plan as needed. 

For me, planning helps keep me in motion. It is the first step to getting out of my head and taking action.  It keeps me engaged in Lorin's four steps for acting boldly:

DECIDE to act. 
DEFINE my goals. 
DEFY my fears. 
DO it.

Without planning  these steps would not be possible and I spend a lot less time spinning my wheels!

What keeps you out of the mud?
 

1 comment:

Starla J. King said...

Kristen, SO TRUE re: planning! (btw, love that question re: if all was erased, what one piece of info would you keep).

I've got the entrepreneur passion, no doubt. And the creativity, no doubt. And the dreamer-ness, no doubt. The planning? Um, yeah, I've had to really work on that part. But without it NONE OF THE OTHER STUFF MATTERS, so I'm learning to love the planning to.

Here's to action, and staying out of the mud!