A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Monday, October 11, 2010

Why thank you.....

These flowers were a thank you from the beautiful Susanah 
Over the past several weeks I have received some special compliments.  Maybe the planets are aligning in my favor or maybe I've decided to pay closer attention, to actually listen to them, appreciate them, savor them.

Usually if I have ten  positive things and one negative event or comment during the course of my day I go to bed dwelling on the one negative.

Anyone else do that?

So I'm making a conscious effort to change that.  And is that ever a work in progress!!

Reflecting back on these compliments brings a real smile to my face.  I'm not talking about run of the mill compliments on our outfit or shoes (although those are appreciated), but the things that really touch upon what's important to me.  Like how I am supportive as a friend (that was a very special conversation) and  how I have impacted lives through my business.  I am grateful to have recently received three beautiful cards from instructors I work with and several emails or conversations with customers which all touched my heart.  I even heard from two people recently how I have inspired someone through this blog (believe it or not) and one of those people I don't even know.  

I invited you to really listen to what is said to you today and hold on more tightly to the good stuff and loosen your grip on the rest.  And while you're at it, throw as many positive compliments out into the universe as possible.

Only good can come of it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I hope "You Rock!" was on your list of positives!