A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Monday, July 26, 2010

We are what we think




We are what we think; as we desire so do we become! By our thoughts, desires, and habits, we either ascend to the full divine dignity of our nature, or we descend to suffer and learn.
- J. Todd Ferrier


It used to be you are what you eat, right? Well that's still pretty true too.

I wanted to share this powerful quote, because it was a needed reminder to me to choose my thoughts carefully.

Last week I had a challenging experience, probably one of the tougher ones I've had to face. And it's been dominating my thoughts for days.

Then I read this quote popped into my in-box and I decided to focus on what I wanted to be this week. And I can assure you it wasn't someone who was stressed and losing sleep!

If I am what I think and if that shapes who I will BE...then what do I want to be this week:


  • A supportive friend who listens
  • An instructor who teaches four awesome classes this week
  • A volunteer at the Soup Kitchen donating time & lots of energy
  • A manager who gives positive feedback to the people around me
  • A person who is healing (and thus getting a massage this week for those stubborn injuries!)
  • A great date for my hubby to Tressa's wedding (including not forcing him to dance -- too much)
"....as we desire so do we become! "



What do you want to be this week?

No comments: