A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Thursday, May 27, 2010

Jessica's "Daily Affirmation" & my choice today

I saw this quote on someone's Facebook status today.
"Worry does not empty tomorrow of sorrow - it empties today of strength. "
No credit as to whom originally said it, but I like it and it fits my mood this week.
In the same vein, I've noticed that "no worries" is a popular response these day. I hear it said and written often and I like it. I think it's a step up from the "Don't Worry, Be Happy" phase of the late '80's.
It's been a challenging week or two, all things without of my control. And I've decided to find more strength and less worry in both the quote and this adorable video which has been flying around the web for weeks - "Jessica's Daily Affirmation." Definitely worth 49 seconds to watch it.


Today I'm choosing, like Jessica, to put my energy into strength rather than worry, to positivity rather than 'what ifs'. I'm even going to steal her line about liking her hair, cause I actually am having a good hair day.
What are you choosing today?

No comments: