A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Sunday, April 04, 2010

Easter Blessings......

You're never too old to color eggs


After a glorious Easter of mass, conversation, family and chocolate (and some delicious deviled eggs), I am curled up reading Mitch Albom's "Have A Little Faith." This is purely accidental. It's not by design that I've been reading a book about faith during Holy Week. In fact, from the stack of library books I took out recently I could have just as easily been reading the "Fudge Cupcake Murder."

At some point midway in the book, Mitch asks his Rabbi about the secret of happiness and the following conversation ensues:


"Be satisfied."
That's it?
"Be grateful."
That's it?
"For what you have. For the love you receive. And for what God has given you."
That's it?
He looked me in the eye. Then he sighed deeply.
"That's it."

So as Easter winds down, I ask that you think about what God has given you and all of the love you have received. And be satisfied and grateful.

I know I am.

1 comment:

eBeth said...

I always try to focus on what I have, instead of what I don't. The world would be a far different place if everyone lived that way, no?