A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Happy New Year!


Holiday hoopla is behind us now and it's back to a full work week. Hope your celebration was glorious. My New Year's Eve was quiet and relaxing - a movie marathon with my husband, Thai takeout, good wine and flannel pj;s!


Last night at my prayer group, my friend Lynne mentioned that her family made a list of the top 25 people who most impacted their family (she's got 5 kids!) in 2008....sort of like Time or People's list of most influential people of the year. Now when they see any of these people they are sure to let them know they made the Briody's Top 25 List.




I loved the idea and it got my wheels turning about my own list.



But first I began reflecting back on 2008. I decided to start with my 2008 Highlights.



In no particular order........


1. Finishing all 42 miles of the Five Boro Bike Tour and still being able to walk the next day.


2. Attending Tres Jazz in New Orleans with my mom and Jazzer-pals & the honor of teaching in the East Coast class.


3. Ten glorious days in Aruba with my hubby.


4. Finally resolving the floor issues at the Center and happily dancing on (and loving) our third floor.


5. The Jersey shore with my family and the first overnight babysitting adventure with Landon.


6. Coming out of surgery and seeing my husband waiting.


7. The honor of being one of the entrepreneurs featured in the new book "Sixteen Weeks to Your Dream Business."


8. The 5 pm call from the insurance company


9. A beautiful summer day and group of cool women for our Staff Outing - Accomplice in NYC.


10. Strengthening my faith during not only the "highlight" times, but the tough ones too.


Here's to a year of BOLD OPTIMISM!

No comments: