A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Friday, September 07, 2007

Summer Highlights


Fall is in the air, and while my posts usually highlight the fun we're having at Jazzercise, I thought I'd include some photos of other fun stuff this summer.

We kicked off the summer with a bang this past Memorial Day celebrating with my Nanny in Virginia. Here Nanny is posing with me and my cousins Lisa, Carol and Mary Ann posing at her 102nd Birthday Party!
Then I headed down south again in July to participate in my friend Beth's bridal shower. Here is Beth's mom Maryann and I catching up at the shower.

What a great weekend we had together. I can't wait for the wedding this fall.
Beth is my OLDEST friend (since we were in kindergarten together at age 4!)


Also in July, my nephew Landon Vance Hallett made an early entrance. I'm practicing being Auntie Kristen. He's tiny in this picture, but growing like a weed.

My dear friend Melissa came to from Raleigh, NC a few weeks later and we had a girl's day at the pool at Liz's gorgeous home. Well, the girls and at least seven lively kids. It was great to catch up with them (Deb, Kim, me, Liz & Melis). Liz is keeping busy with her new store Newbury Place in Southbury. It is an awesome gift shop so if you're in the area check it out! I will definitely be making a trip back there for holiday shopping!!!


Well, after our BIG surfing adventure (see our surfing photos on earlier blog post), Pina decided to hit the golf course. Now I've been getting in a lot of golf this summer, but it was Pina's first time out. She took to it like a pro and we're already planning our next golf trip.

At least we LOOK like golfers here, right?

The tournament was to raise money for breast cancer research.
As a bonus, we met two time Superbowl champion, Leonard Marshall from the New York Giants. Turns out he's pretty good at golf too. But we held our own scoring a 79 in the scramble format. Way to go!!!


I was able to take a final break before Labor Day and headed to the Berkshires to Kirpalu. I make a point to visit every year (although twice a year sounds even better!)



It was a beautiful, relaxing time and I highly recommend checking it out if you're looking for some R&R (www.kripalu.com). Aside from yoga, which they have ALOT of, I went kayaking, pole hiking and enjoyed the fabulous scenery.

Now it's time to kick it into gear for the fall. There's so much good stuff coming so be sure to check our website regularly.

Happy Fall!
K

PS and one more shot of Landon of course!



No comments: