A Matter of Balance: A Woman's Quest for Health, Harmony & Kick-ass Heels


Sunday, August 27, 2006

Work Day!

WOW!! What a work day we had putting together our Center.

First and foremost I have to congratulate and THANK our crew......

First the guys..........Ken (Laura's husband), Charlie (Jodie's husband), Roy (my mom's friend) and of course my husband Rich. These guys were instrumental in laying the floor, doing the edging (no small job) , lots of lifting, and much more. I can't thank them enough!!!! I'm treating the guys to a round of golf so they can relax.

Then there was our phenomenal team of women....Laura, Pina, my mom - Arlene, and one of our customers Liz. They laid floor, assembled our storage cubes, cleaned the bathroom, did the Target run, and so much more!

And last, not certainly not least Nicholas (Laura's son) was our helper on Friday night and Leah (Liz's daughter) was a stellar assistant on Saturday! And of coure a visit from Jodie and Ava to keep us company.

Here are some photos to show you our progress......






There's Leah posing on our new stage. Leah was a fabulous assistant to Roy.









Storage cubes for shoes, purses, etc.















Kristen & Pina assemble the storage cubes.....uh, did you know it's helpful to read the directions?
















Our stage is coming along...........












Liz and Leah count out tiles (left) and Laura & Rich work on assembly (below)










Ken's camera shy.


All in all it was a VERY productive and (I hope) FUN weekend for everyone. I know it was for me. I am truly blessed to be surrounded with such cool friends......Stay tuned!!

No comments: